- Today is our ninth wedding anniversary. I’ve been a day ahead of myself all week, since Dave worked on Sunday, so when Dad messaged me last night to say Happy Anniversary I thought we’d totally forgotten! I went and said Happy Anniversary to Dave and we laughed at ourselves for forgetting but then he said, “Hey it’s the 5th! It’s tomorrow not today!” So we didn’t forget after all, Dad’s computer was just a day ahead of itself. Thanks for the reminder, Dad!
- Dave worked on Sunday so that he could go to Lillian’s first school swimming carnival on Monday. It was more of a pool fun day than an actual carnival and lots of fun was had, even though Lillian was cross at me later for sending her in her sports uniform and house colour t-shirt when everyone (not really everyone) else was in normal school uniform. Woops.
- My uni has officially started again so blogging may drop off (even more) over the next few months. I need to try and focus on uni without getting too distracted by trip planning. Tricky.
- A painter is here working on the side of the house that we never got around to painting ourselves because you can’t really see it. It does need to be done though, to protect the weatherboards, so we’re throwing money at the problem.
- My running training is on track and I’ve discovered I like running to podcasts. I find it a little more distracting than music and motivation to get out there if there’s a good one I want to listen to. Any recommendations?
- Lillian read a blackboard sign all by herself, without even sounding out the big word, on the way to school this morning. It said, “You are beautiful.” Proud mum moment.
Hope your week is going fabulously! Here’s a marshmallow:
(Edward now orders his own babycino and specifically asks for two marshmallows holding both pointer fingers up together. It’s very cute.)