Lillian was invited to a superhero themed birthday party over the weekend so on Friday afternoon I got to cape making. We looked through the fabric stash together and the kids chose the combinations they wanted for the double-sided capes.
After a bit of googling I settled on this sort of design for the cape. I didn’t use a pattern, just a small plate for the neck hole circle and eyeballed the rest as I cut. The star template came from Suzy’s pdf cape pattern.
For the masks I used these awesome templates and made them from felt with one red side and one blue side each so they can wear them either way.
All in all they were a great success! The kids love them, the party was fun, the cape got many compliments, and I already had everything I needed to make them except for the velcro and black elastic.
These photos are from a quick before school shoot in the back yard this morning. Excuse the unbrushed hair and vegemite faces!